Rail Car Repair
KRS’s full-service rail car repair facility is located in Derby, Maine. Our experienced staff can perform all needed FRA, AAR, and Transport Canada required inspections and repairs. KRS has mobile service and rail car repair capabilities across New England. Click to read more about Mobile Repair.
Car repair services include:
- End of lease inspection and repair
- Major rebuilds and retrofits
- Wheel, roller bearing, and coupler replacements
- Airbrake testing and rebuilds
- Wreck repairs
- Re-stenciling and replacement of AEI tags
Most changes of service and freight repairs are completed within 25 days of arrival, and most HM-216 requalifications are released within 30 days of arrival.